Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Setting up Samsung’s iPOLis Mobile App for the SDE-4100


Setting up Samsung’s iPOLis Mobile App for the SDE-4100.
 I created these instructions out of the frustration of not finding any help online and also never able to get Samsung tech support of the phone (they were always closed when I called). I don't claim to be an expert but this is what worked for me.
*Before starting these steps, you should have already installed your cameras and DVR and have verified that they are working via a locally connected TV/monitor. Ensure that you have your DVR box connected to your home router.
1.       Register for a DDNS account with samsungipolis.com.
b.      Register for a new account (sign up).
c.       Accept both agreements and click next.
d.      Complete your registration and then log into your account.

2.       On the MY DDNS page, select Product Registration.
a.       In the Product ID field pick a unique and easy to remember ID that identifies your DVR setup (i.e. lastname, home1, work1, etc). This will be your host address. (samsungipolis.com/productID example samsungipolis.com/home1)
b.      Classification is Urban Security.
c.       Model number is SDE-4001
d.      Complete Setup

3.       Unless you get a new Samsung DVR system, you should not have to go to this site again.

4.       On your Samsung DVR, go to the Main Menu > Network and modify note the following fields:
a.       CONNECTION
                                                               i.      Configure a static IP that matches the subnet of your network.
                                                             ii.      Hit Apply
b.      PROTOCOL
                                                               i.      Make a note of the TCP, UDP, and Webviewer port(s). (TCP 4520-4524, UDP 8000-8160, Webviewer 80).
c.       DDNS
                                                               i.      DDNS Site:                       iPOLis
                                                             ii.      Host Name:                        www.samsungipolis.com
                                                            iii.      User Name:                        Whatever you picked as a unique product ID in 2a.
                                                           iv.      User Password:                                You will be unable to fill this in.
                                                             v.      DDNS Host Address:       This should auto fill with samsungipolis.com/productID
                                                           vi.      Hit Apply

5.       Log into your home router.
a.       Under Application and Gaming (Linksys/Cisco) click Single Port Forwarding.
                                                               i.      Application:        HTTP
                                                             ii.      External Port:    80
                                                            iii.     Internal Port:     80
                                                           iv.      Protocal:              TCP
                                                             v.      IP Address:         The static IP of the DVR you setup in step 4ai.
                                                           vi.      Enable:                 Yes (Check)
                                                          vii.      Click Apply/Save
b.      Under Application and Gaming (Linksys/Cisco) click Port Range Forwarding.
                                                               i.      First Entry (ref  step 4b)
1.       Application Name:           Samsung TCP
2.       Start – End Port:               TCP port range in step 4b (4520-4524)
3.       Protocol:                              TCP
4.       IP Address:                         Static IP of DVR system (step 4ai.)
5.       Enable:                                 Yes (Check)
                                                             ii.      Second Entry (ref step 4b)
1.       Application Name:           Samsung UDP
2.       Start – End Port:               UDP port range in step 4b (8000-8160)
3.       Protocol:                              UDP
4.       Enable:                                 Yes (Check)
                                                            iii.      Click Apply/Save.

6.       At this point, you can log into and view your DVR system through a web browser outside of your home network by going to www.samsungipolis.com/productID. You will be prompted for a username/password. The default for this DVR is username ADMIN and password 4321 You should change this password ASAP!

7.       Download the Samsung iPOLis App from either iTunes or the Android market.
a.       Launch the App after installed.
                                                               i.      Select Device List
                                                             ii.      Select Add Device
1.       Name:                  Whatever you want to name it (home, work)
2.       Model:                 SDE 4 Series(08CH)
3.       Host:                     samsungipolis.com/productID (step 2a)
4.       HTTP Port:           80 (default)
5.       RTSP(TCP) Port: Last port in your TCP port range (step 4ai)
6.       Camera:               Whatever cameras you want to view
7.       ID:                          Default is Admin
8.       Password:           Default is 4321
9.       Hit Save

8.       On the Device List, select your device.

9.       Congrats! You should be seeing your camera system.

58 comments:

vrosario63 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
harry fall said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Reece Chambers said...

My DDNS>DDNS Site only gives me four options: Samsung DDNS, dyndns.com, no-ip.com, and changeip.com. When I try to login to my iPOLis app it says "The DDNS server is not connected to the device." Do you have any suggestions?

Key Lime 314 said...

You rock!! finally I can view my cams away from home on my iPhone!

Chris Hicks said...

I followed your instructions, and I can view it from any computer on the internet, but when using the Samsung Ipolis iPhone or Android app, it keeps telling me the ID or password is not correct. I am using the admin name and I changed the password. I can log into to the bo from the web with the exact same password and it works fine. I have a samsung sde-3003n with the latest firmware and using the ipolis 2.0 app. Anyone have any thoughts on this?
Thanks!

Ches Blogg said...

Chris try the login user/pass all lower case

Chris Hicks said...

Tried That. From what I have read, the 2.0 update of iPolils messed up alot of people with this same problem. Looks like a handfull of DVR models have the same issue. Is there another (universal) app that will work on iPhone/Android that can work with the Samsung box?? From what I read, most boxes have proprietary apps that go with their boxes, but what do the cheap Ebay-style boxes use as an app, or do they just view over browser only?
Thanks!

Damon said...

This was very helpful until I got to the router setup. I have a netgear router and there is no gaming or application section. I am able to do a single port forward but that is all. Any ideas?

Thank you!
Damon

floridaracerx said...

I've tried for awhile now, and d-day is here.. need to get my same system working with ipolis on my phone..
I have DSL 10mb into a provided wireless router, then LAN into a netgear 6300 router that i connect to wireless and DVR is also connected to netgear 6300..

how would i go about setting up both routers to forward the dvr data to my public ip and making the ipolis work properly

NetterRod said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
NetterRod said...

floridaracerx, I am curious as to why you have a two router setup? Are you perhaps setup with a bridged network?

nobraon said...

just called samsung tech support and they said that there is an issue with the app (ipolis) that prevents it from working on teh ipad, iphone and all other android systems.. they are aware of it and working fast to resolve the problem (don't hold your breath)

Dan Schlimme said...

I am currently trying to get my netgear WNR2000v3 configured to work with ipolis. I only have dyndns.com as an option for ddns.
I have the ipolis account configured, but i keep getting an alert that says my ip needs to be registered.
Any tips on what i need to do?

jkl said...

Well, I found all your help notes to late, but my head will heal from the bashing. Question is mailing service set-up.SDE-4001. on SMTP page. Using Gmail as an example....I entered "smtp.gmail.com", Port "465", my "username@gmail", my "PW", TLS yes and an email address....keeps failing, any thoughts.

jkl said...

Update to my last post. I did include ".com" in username, just forgot to type is above

Christian Zgaljic said...

So i have the SDE-3003 version of this system. It has the same setup as far as network connection.
The issue i am having is as follows. The portfowarding of :80 works, and i see the web interface when using my external ip address. But the full functionality doesnt work and i see the following 123.123.123.123/ No response on the interface. obviously 123... is a fake ip address but that represents what my external IP would be. any ideas?

thanks.\

Christian Zgaljic said...

jkl use the following settings

server: smtp.gmail.com
port: 587
use authentication check
user: your email at gmail
pass : u know
secure transfer : TLS(if available)
sender : same email as above

and you should be good.

William Bors said...

I have followed the steps and altho the netgear setup is differant I think I set it up right by forwarding all 3 ports giving the http 80 a range of 80-81 but still can not even see in a browser please help

Cliff Stone said...

I currently use a Samsung webviewer address to view my camera's from remote computers, but can't access them through my iphone. If I do the iPolis setup to view from my iphone, will I need to use it to view from remote computers as well?

eyeless said...

Anyone know of a way to connect to the Samsung DVR in a Mac browser (or Mac software)?

Kellmerph said...

I used your post to set up my network properly...THANK YOU! But the problem I am running into now is that my phone will work when on my home wifi, but not when I go away from it. So whether my phone is on LTE or wifi (other than home router) the error message pops up and says "Cannot Connect to the Network"

Any Suggestions?

Eva Smith said...

Hi! sir

i read your article that's very useful for people and I can know about the computer that what does that do and more things.
Useful Links - Linksys Router Setup

ChubbyGuy said...

Worked perfectly!!!! Thank you for posting.

prateik said...

it says on on the status but whenever i try to connect with clicking on that tv symbol it just cant connect it.

WebMaster said...

Thank You! Finally I can view my cameras using IPolis on my iPhone.

Kevin O'Brien said...

I'm having a few issues. First off, iPolis is telling me that my IP is not registered. I don't see a place to register an IP. When I type in www.samsungipolis.com/USERNAME, a box pops up saying that I need to register the device. On iPolis, it says that it is registered, but the status is OFF. Also, when I am in the DVR settings, I can't test the email smtp. The test box is not able to be pushed to allow for a test. And, the iPolis android app does not connect to my username. No idea why these issues are happening... Anyone?

Talal Sadiq said...

Thanks for the brilliant guide. Do you have any experience with Audio output in Samsung DVR's?

Scott Taylor said...

Great post, to Chris Hicks, I had the same problem with the 3003, I needed to do a firmware upgrade, it worked after that. Also for a Netgear Router, just use the Dynamic Setting and it should link up.

Kurt Hoppe said...

Just about to say I am having the same problem as Kevin - when finally it worked! I had to use IE instead of Chrome, but finally have video stream in the browser. Next stop is mobile app... fingers crossed.

Monish Swamy said...

When I go onto my add application settings on my router menu the only inputs that are told to be entered are: Protocol, Port Range, Translates to..., Trigger Protocol, and trigger port. :S Not sure what to input here, any ideas?

Luis Santos said...

THANKS

I wasted a lot of time trying to set up this till I found your post.
Again thanks

William Weesner said...

When I click on the camera icon it say ip not registered please register your product???? I did everything to the letter or so I thought . Any help would be appreciated. It is starting to get the best of me.

Gadget Surplus said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Stephanus Malaihollo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
scaisse said...

Just an FYI, after a year of successful operation, iPolis mobile on my iPhone stopped working when I upgraded to version 2.3 yesterday. But, still works on my iPad with identical settings after also upgrading iPad to version 2.3. Tripl checked all settings, but can't get iPhone to work anymore.

adhd neurofeedback said...

Samsung Note 3Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Price in india. Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Specifications, Feature. Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Review.Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Specifications and Review.

Benjamin Cowen said...

Cannot find iPolis in the ddns settings. No-ip and Samsung ddns but no ipolis

Benjamin Cowen said...

Cannot find iPolis in the ddns settings. No-ip and Samsung ddns but no ipolis

James Lynn said...

I had the same prob. Try this: Turn off DDNS, under network, change static IP to Dynamic. Write down the new IP address (should start with 75). Download iPolis mobile app. Select IP instead of DDNS. For Web port, put 80. For RTSP port, you MUST put 4524. This is key. Anything else doesn't work. Then you should be good to go.

Orange Ford said...

I have a 3100. It works fine on iPhone apps and logging in remotely via browser from work, but i cant log in from any computers in my house on the same network for some strange reason. Any thoughts there?

cyberdotone said...

In order to use a web address, your router must support local loopback. This has been removed from most routers for security reasons...

You will need a separate configuration with the lan ip address.

IP Camera said...

Ive got an sdr 4101 with 5 cameras attached. When I log into my Andriod mobile device I get the spinning icons and camera names appearing, but then I get a "CONNECT FAILED" message on each of the display windows.
I can view the cameras remotely via a web-browser so I know the DVR and firewal/router settings are working. I just cant seem to figure why the Ipolis app doesnt let me view the cameras
The Ipolis mobile app is version 2.3.2. Should I update the DVR firmware which is now at version 1.00h?

aldo_guzman said...

The Stupid thing does not work why do I have the sdh-5200 and no luck. I port forwarded but the P.O.S does not want to use a port at all.
I called for tech support and they fucken lied when they said there was a login screen to my router! There cameras workbetter than their remote vieweing. Im so pissed It F**king Costed a ton of money!

Dave Mock said...

I am a Sys admin and the one thing you must do when selecting the RTSP port is you MUST use the LAST port...not the first one. So...if your port settings in the DVR say 4520-4524...You must use 4524.

leesie said...

For those (like me) whose dvr does not have the option for samsungipolis.com under the DDNS, I received a reply from Samsung tech support: "Unfortunately your dvr will not be compatible with samsung ipolis. You have a dvr unit with older firmware that will not allow you to use the free service. You do have the option to setup alternative free services like no-ip at noip.com."

raza raz said...

.Here's what you need to know, You can call SamSung customer service ,they can dial into your computer and do the port forwarding for you, if you having hard time. The instructions given above have one mistake, when sitting the IP address of dvr, it is not your subnet mask, it should be similar to "ipv4" address(to access this info type in the cmd "ipconfig"), and your default gateway, only difference should be the last digit(s)should be out of range from subnet mask and "ipv4"for example your default gaway is 192.168.1.1 and "ipv4"is 192.168.1.20, you should not set your address from 2 to 19 ,it should be like 192.168.1.21 or anything above. Now other big issue facing people ,first, check your ports on sites like ipchicken.com to see your ports are open, then go in the dvr settings to lower the resolution of the live transmission, to very low, if that works good, then try normal. Then on the Ipolis app ,select only 4 cams at a time or less. this should fix the black screen on ipolis app, but not on internet explorer.

jaime rivera said...

Excellent Instructions... I spent three days trying to set it up until I found this post. Thanks for sharing!!!!

Damien said...

Yo, for those who have routers like NetGear AC6100 that do NOT have separate "Gaming" setting, just setup BOTH the "TCP" port 80 (internal & external) as usual, and ALSO setup "Custom Port Range" under that Custom setting; then make it "4520-4524" (both TCP/UDP <- that is the default), and of course, point it to your internal Camera PC's IP address. And, in the iPhone iPolis app, make sure you choose "4524" as the port for the app on the iPhone and it works like a charm. You still need GOOD signal, like 2 or more bars, so don't expect miracles if you are not getting good 4G speed, that could be some of the issue. Cheers!

RGV Art Comments said...

Thank you so much! This worked for the Samsung SDR-3100. My Netgear router did not have specifically a Gaming and Application section, but it did have a Port Forwarding link on its own. Worked like a charm. I can see through iPolis app on my Samsung Note 3, my mother's Windows phone, my father's iPhone, and via the Internet Explorer browser. In the phones it works for either DDNS or Manual IP features! I tried them both.

-Renee

Kitty said...

Thank you so much! This worked for the Samsung SDR-3100. My Netgear router did not have specifically a Gaming and Application section, but it did have a Port Forwarding link on its own. Worked like a charm. I can see through iPolis app on my Samsung Note 3, my mother's Windows phone, my father's iPhone, and via the Internet Explorer browser. In the phones it works for either DDNS or Manual IP features! I tried them both.

-Renee

Kitty said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dan Fraser said...

Thanks for this, helped me.

tommy g said...

Worked for me as well - the key was to deal with port forwarding for ports 4520-4524. Thanks!

Unknown said...

Kevin: I am having the same issue. Did you ever find a solution?

Natalia Antoszek said...

I've set everything up and downloaded the app on my phone and connected. It only works when I'm at home and my wifi is on. I need it to work away from home or there's no pointvof having these cameras. Can anyone help?

John Miller said...

I talked to someone at samsung about 2 months ago and they told me that the building that housed the servers overseas had burned down and they were working to fix the problem. Still working on it I suppose.

Marquis Vawter said...

Thanks for the instructions, they work for IExplorer and for the ipolis on iphone.....one thing probably noted by others is that the subnet static IP instruction is not clear. I guessed and used my fixed IP for my home network. The gateway, I used the router 'gateway' address, not my ATT gateway address. I have a SDR5100 DVR, so had tried in vain for a week to set up IE and iphone 5c app--but now it works.

Alex Gold said...

I really like your post.It's very informative and interesting. I really appreciate that.thanks for sharing information with us.. visit more info :- Netgear Router Support